Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ginataang Tulingan

Happy September 17 certified Foodaholics! I guess it's been two weeks since I started this blog, and the feedback I received everyday is pretty amazing. As I open my laptop, I always look forward to check my e-mail and read comments and short messages regarding my blog. I'm glad to know that my work is very much appreciated (Thanks to you guys!). To be honest, I don't blog to impress... I'm here to express, share and of course-- to EXPLORE the world of culinary.

As I started experiencing a huge variety of food, I discover lots of different new flavors. I learned to recognized that a delicious food is not just about sweet and salty, it may consist of combination of all kinds of flavor.
A yummylicious dish is made perfectly with right choice of ingredients just like my Ginataang Tulingan (skipjack tuna). This is one of my old favorite which my Lolo Rudy made quite often during my childhood. It is made of local Tulingan and coconut milk, stewed with vegetables like eggplant and mustasa.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 kilo tulingan (skipjack tuna), cleaned and cut in half
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 2 eggplant cut diagonally
  • 2 tbsp. fish sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 2-3 tbsp. vinegar
  • 2 green chili or siling haba
  • 1 bundle mustasa
  • 3 tomatoes sliced
  • pepper
  • salt

Gently rub fresh Tulingan with rock salt. Set aside for a few minutes so that the salt will stay on the fish to add more flavor. In a pan or wok, put the fishes, add the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Let it simmer. Season with vinegar, pepper and salt if you need to adjust the taste. Place your pot over medium heat and allow to simmer till most of the water is gone. Then pour the pure coconut cream. Add the eggplant, green chili and mustasa. Allow it to boil before turning off the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment