Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chicken Hawaiian

Hello, Yummy day Foodaholics! 

Happy 2012 to all of you. For the past few months I've been very busy with my new job.I've started working November last year as a lay-out artist in a local printing press in Lipa. Apparently, it took much of my time that's why I wasn't able to post anything here.

I've been working from Monday to Saturday. My main form of of relaxation up to these days is still cooking. And if I weren't busy I would probably be spending time in the kitchen.

Today, for my first blog post for the year of the water dragon, I will be sharing my Chicken Hawaiian (Pininyahang Manok) which I cooked for our dinner. 



This dish is made of sweet pineapple flavor along with milk producing a splendid taste. To be honest, I not really a big fan of pineapple, but for the love of cooking I am willing to try everything. All the needed ingredients are:

* 1 /2 kg chicken legs
* 1 can pineapple chunks, set aside the syrup
* 1 Tbsp oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium-sized onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk
* patis (fish sauce), to taste
* 1 medium size carrot, cut into pieces
* 1 medium size potato, cut into pieces
* 2 tbsp raisins



 How to cook:

1). Marinade the chicken with the pineapple syrup for a few minutes.

2). Pour the chicken with the marinade in a pot, cook until the marinade evaporates and the chicken is lightly brown. (You’re not exactly frying the chicken–you just want to seal in the juices.)

3). When done, set aside the chicken on one side of the pot.

4). Add the oil, saute garlic and onions then mix together with the lightly browned chicken and cook for about a minute.

5). Add the pineapple chunks then pour the evaporated milk. Cover and bring to a simmer. (If you are using coconut milk, do not cover, otherwise it will curdle).

6). By the time the chicken is done, the sauce would be rather thick and creamy, stir then season with fish sauce. Add the raisins.

7). Simmer again for 2 minutes then turn-off the heat.

Finally, my dish is done and plated for our dinner.Specifically, I liked the milky and pineapple sweet-sour taste of this dish. Its flavor enhanced the rich and meaty taste of the chicken. I did not heard any word of complaint from anyone in my family. Appreciative smiles appeared on their faces. It's another job well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment